The Montecasino Bird Park is a fantastic family outing that your kids will love! The Bird Park is situated just outside the main Montecasino complex, in walking distance from the Fourways Farmers market. The bird park itself is full of amazing wildlife and beautiful birds, reptiles and mammals from around the world. Spend the day with your kids walking along our magical walkways and exploring our magnificent gardens.
Our walk though aviary at Montecasino Bird Park is home to over 60 species of birds and Nicobar pigeons, antelope and small mammals. On weekdays (11am and 3pm) and weekends (11am, 1pm and 3pm) we host our colourful and talented bird shows which captivate and astound both kids and parents alike. The shows are hosted at the Bird Park in our Tuscan style amphitheatre.
Features at Montecasino Bird Park
- South African Cycad’s – the Bird Garden contains the largest diverse private collection of Cycads worldwide, with over 750 plants from 37 species.
- SA Ground Hornbills – we are affiliated with the Mabula Ground-Hornbill conservation project. All donations from our bird show go toward the preservation of these magical birds.
- Parrot Gallery – See our stunning variety of wonderful Macaws and Cockatoo’s that freely roam around in our Parrot Gallery.
- Frog room- the frog room contains a wide range of frogs, scorpions and spiders that will fascinate your kids (and yourselves.)
- Reptiles- The Montecasino Bird Park is also home to a range of reptiles and snakes such as the Boomslang and Annie, the world’s oldest female Anaconda in captivity.
- Walk-through Aviary – The aviary is home to over 60 species of birds, reptiles and mammals from around the world.
- Mammals- The Montecasino Bird Park is home to a range of mammals including Sloths, Meerkats, Red Duikers, Bats, Lemurs and more.
- Flamingo Café- our 90 seater restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a stunning selection of light meals, coffees and milkshakes after a fun day exploring the gardens.
For a truly wonderful day out with the whole family, be sure to visit the Montecasino Bird Park today. We are open Monday-Friday, weekends and public holidays from 08H30-17H00.